Indigenous Forestry Program
Since launch of this program in 2007, FPInnovations has been helping Indigenous communities develop or enhance forestry and wood products businesses. FPInnovations works directly with community leaders to determine the products and services that are appropriate for the specific needs of each community.
We believe in working directly with the people in the community to create solutions. More than 100 Indigenous communities and/or organizations in British Columbia alone have engaged in this program. Building on this success, the program expanded into Alberta in 2014.
- Increase the capacity of Indigenous communities to take advantage of opportunities in the forestry and wood products sectors
- Enhance economic development in Indigenous communities
- Create Indigenous employment opportunities
We support the development of the Indigenous forest sector by providing:
- Access to industry specialists who provide technical advice to help solve production problems, increase productivity, reduce costs and maximize the value of forest resources
- On-site technical assistance and operational evaluations
- Training through the delivery of workshops and seminars
- Market analysis for the development of new forestry or wood products businesses